Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Tuesday nights are board game nights and after one or two games, I'm typically ready for some fuel. To counter my board game burnout, I made a loaf of chocolate chip banana bread to keep me going tonight. I brought this bread to a prior game night and it was a big hit. I hope everyone enjoys it this time too (partially because I don't want to end up eating it all!) I love combing bananas and chocolate.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup melted Earth Balance
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
  2. In a food processor, combine bananas, Earth Balance, almond milk, sugar, and vanilla. Process until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and a dash of salt. Mix well.
  3. Fold chocolate chips into the mixture.
  4. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
  5. Bake on the center oven rack until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 35-45 minutes.
  6. Allow the bread to cool in the pan, on a wire rack before removing and slicing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment