Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sun-dried Tomato Lasagna with Roasted Asparagus


Although I did not have the opportunity to attempt homemade ravioli this week, I did make some vegan ricotta for lasagna roll-ups. The recipe I use is based on Robin Robertson's recipe in her cookbook, Vegan Planet. If I could only have one cookbook, that would be it for certain. I have absolutely loved every recipe I have tried and, since it was my first vegan cookbook, I've tried a lot of them.


I made more lasagna than I typically do. Drew and I had it for dinner two nights in a row, and he has been taking leftovers to school for lunch. It's nice having something to reheat on weeknights since I have been working later. Additionally, lasagna goes well with quick side dishes like salads and roasted vegetables. Despite being a little early in the season, I started buying fresh asparagus again and it has been quite delicious!















Sun-dried Tomato Vegan Ricotta

  • 1 package firm tofu (I use sprouted if possible), crumbled
  • 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
  • 1-2 handful of fresh basil leaves
  • 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • dash of salt

Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and chop until the mixture is an even, sticky consistency. Refrigerate it until you are ready to use it.

Chef's note: You can use dry sun-dried tomatoes that have been softened in hot water, but if you do you will want to add a little olive oil in order to prevent the ricotta from being too sticky.





No comments:

Post a Comment